The official mediterranean international wine & spirit competition
Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to TerraVino!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of TerraVino’s Website, located at http://terravino.org/.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use TerraVino if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, TerraVino and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on TerraVino. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from TerraVino for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from TerraVino
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from TerraVino
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from TerraVino
- Redistribute content from TerraVino
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. TerraVino does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of TerraVino,its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, TerraVino shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
TerraVino reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant TerraVino a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of TerraVino; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to TerraVino. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of TerraVino’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amen these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
TERRAVINO OBJECTIVES AND REGULATIONS
TerraVino – MIWSC based in Tel Aviv, Israel, with the auspice of the World Association of
Journalists and Writers Wines & Liquors (WAWWJ), organizes the Mediterranean International
Wine and Spirit Challenge (MIWSC) – TerraVino.
The Mediterranean International Wine and Spirit Challenge (MIWSC) – TerraVino aims to judge
the quality of wines, liquors and distilled beverages and spirits, highlighting those which have
attained the highest level.
The Mediterranean International Wine and Spirit Challenge (MIWSC) – TerraVino is held
according to the following details and regulations.
Who can attend? Wineries, vineyards, of all types, winemakers pickers, wine cooperatives,
cooperative unions, producer groups, producers traders, importers, wine societies, and so on,
The conditions of admission to the The Mediterranean International Wine and Spirit Challenge
(MIWSC) – TerraVino are:
•WINE AND distilled beverages and spirits derived from grapes
1. This Competition is open to all wines that meet the definition of the international code
of oenological practices of the Organization Internationale de la Vigne et du Vin (OIV)
and the distilled beverages and spirits, with the exception of aromatized wines. All
products must indicate the country of origin where the grapes have been harvested and
2. Wines that do not respect the provisions relating to the origin and provenance will not
3.The competing wine samples must be produced with a minimum of 1,000 liters. In the case
of a truly limited production and with justification, smaller amounts may be accepted (if
greater than 100 liters). The wines must be commercially packed. Containers must present the
indication of origin or provenance.
The containers may be bottles, tetra pack or similar bag in box or otherwise.
Start of Registration and Reception of Samples: August 1st
• Wines: 4 (four) Bottles of 0.75 lt. per sample.
• Spirits: 3 (Three) Bottles of 0.75 lt. / 0.50 lt.
Last Date of Registration and reception of Samples: October 30
All participants wishing to compete must submit their registrations before October 30.
All samples must comply with the following terms:
The sender is responsible for all costs of shipping and delivery of the samples to the deposit of
the contest. FREE DELIVERY HOUSE, DUTY PREPAID, DOOR TO DOOR, must be sent by the
means of delivery that suits you best. Make sure your carrier performs all incoming and
outgoing procedures in Israel. TERRAVINO has an agreement with a customs broker to
facilitate and economize this process. For any doubt about it simply contact via e-mail or by
phone and we shall solve it. Samples must reach their destination in a professional way for the
transfer of wines and spirits.
THE COURRIERS ARE AUTHORIZED TO CARRY AND ENTER DISTILLATES TO ISRAEL
WITHOUT ANY PRIOR AUTHORIZATION, SO YOU CAN SEND YOUR SAMPLES WITH THEM
WITHOUT ANY KIND OF PROBLEMS AS THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL RELEVANT
PROCEEDINGS OR MAY REQUEST A SPECIAL QUOTATION TO TERRAVINO MIWSC.
The competition is not responsible for shipping by courier.
TERRAVINO® will not be responsible for withdrawing samples that have not paid all their
costs when entering.
If of any doubt please contact by e-mail: [email protected] / or Telephone: +972
•Proceed from a homogeneous batch with a minimum volume of 5 Hl. (500 liters) for wines
and 1Hl. (100 liters) for alcohols.
•Be bottled or packaged in containers with a volume of less than or equal to 1.5 liters.
• Samples must include analysis of a certified laboratory in the country of origin (or official
institute) for identification. All analyzes must mention without error Alcohol and residual sugar.
•All bottles or containers must have a valid identification label and comply with all the laws of
their country of origin.
• Samples not yet on the market may have a provisional label similar to an original
• Declare the value per bottle rounded to € 1.00 (Euros) or $ 1.00 (USD).
• Declare goods NOT FOR SALE, NO COMMERCIAL VALUE.
Arrival of The Samples
• Samples from Israel must arrive at the venue before 15 November.
• Samples from the rest of the world must arrive before October 30. Without exception
• The expenses of the expedition are borne by the account and by risk of the participants.
• The International Wine and Spirits Competition in the Mediterranean (MIWSC) – TERRAVINO
is responsible for receiving samples, registration fees and shall eliminate those that do not
comply with the Regulations.
• All samples issued without having paid the shipping costs will be rejected and will not be
• The International Wine and Spirits Competition in the Mediterranean (MIWSC) – TERRAVINO
assumes the full responsibility of the presentation and the tasting.
• All disputes will be exposed to a Commission created for this purpose.
Payment of registration fees TERRAVINO 2019
Cost per sample of 4 (four) bottles: € 150.00.
PAYMENT FOR SAMPLES: may be made with cash, Credit Card Visa or Master Card, or bank
transfer – TerraVino MIWC, along with the registration form.
The Mediterranean International Wine and Spirit Challenge (MIWSC) – TerraVino, is not
responsible for bank charges. NO REFUNDS ALLOWED. RIGHTS PAYMENTS MUST BE FREE OF
Registration and costs in all cases shall be paid before 30 October
If payment is made by bank transfer, or credit card, the sender shall be responsible in all
cases for all bank charges. Bank charges in Israel are € 30.00, which must be added to the
payment of the samples regardless of the number of samples (€ 30.00 per transfer).
Bank details for bank transfers
Bank: Mizrahi Tefahot
Branch: Hatzrot Yafo (436)
Address: Salameh 4, Tel Aviv-Yafo
Name account: THE GRAPES MEN (2002) LTD
Account number: 20-436-114502
Terms of organization of the tasting TERRAVINO 2020
A. The wines, liqueurs and spirits, grouped by origin and type.
B. The Mediterranean International Wine and Spirit Challenge (MIWSC) – TerraVino,
designate the series of juries. Juries are composed mainly of Israeli and foreign
C. The committee chairman to be an international winemaker or of similar training. Juries
are selected among the best known specialists in their tasting competition from very
different areas such as production, consumption, marketing, media and wine experts in
D. The total number of international judges is decided by the number of samples
submitted. Each jury is composed of 5 to 7 persons.
E. Of these at least 3 and / or 4 commissioned will be foreign.
F. The Mediterranean International Wine and Spirit Challenge (MIWSC) – TerraVino,
appoints a chairman for each juror.
G. The Organizing Committee will ensure the smooth running of the Mediterranean
International Wine and Spirit Challenge (MIWSC) – TerraVino, The samples preparation,
organization and conduct of the tasting, and the jury's verdict.
H. Official secretariat us headed by lawyers with expertise in the wine trade.
Mediterranean International Wine and Spirit Challenge (MIWSC) – TerraVino, grant the best
wines with the following awards:
• Grand Champion Trophy for the best wine Competition.
• Israel's Grand Champion Trophy for the best Israeli wine in Competition.
• Best of Country, only for countries with more than 25 wines entered in the contest.
• Best Category Price, the best wine in each price category.
• Best of Red Wines.
• Best of White Wines.
• Best of Sweet Wines.
• Best of Effervescent Wines.
• The Best Kosher Israeli Wine.
• The Best Israeli Boutique Wine.
• The Best Israeli Small Boutique Winery.
• The Best Israeli Winemaker.
• Double Gold Medal, between 100.00 and 92.00 points.
• Gold Medal, between 91.99 and 89.00 points.
• Silver Medal, between 88.99 and 84.00 points.
All wines and spirits competing in the categories 101 to 106 are competing for the three levels
of medals, and all wines and spirits competing in the categories 107 to 109 only do so for the
Double Gold Medals and Gold.
Double Gold medals only a maximum of 3% of the samples submitted while the Gold medals
may not exceed 15%.
Each winner will be informed later by e-mail and / or fax and / or mail.
The Mediterranean International Wine and Spirit Challenge (MIWSC) – TerraVino supplies the
winners with a document indicating the nature of the distinction issued, the identity of the
wine, and the name of the producer.
The Mediterranean International Wine and Spirit Challenge (MIWSC) – TerraVino emblem will
be made available to the winners, along with medallions and stickers, and file specimens
should be attached to winning wines depending on the volume of wine found in the entry
Any other mention of the reward obtained without paying royalties to MIWSC is prohibited..
The results of the presentation of the wines will be disseminated as widely as possible in the
form of catalog and all media (television, radio, magazines, newspapers and culinary) by
Any litigation may be resolved by The Mediterranean International Wine and Spirit Challenge
(MIWSC) – TerraVino.
The organizers reserve the right to make an analytical control of the sample rewarded for
oenological analysis laboratory.
The Mediterranean International Wine and Spirit Challenge (MIWSC) – TerraVino reserves the
exclusive right to control the use, for trade of these awards.
The holder and organizer of the contest will store a sample of each awarded wine with its
analysis. These samples are available to control services for a period of one year.
Participation in the contest
In fact implies the acceptance of these Regulations
1. A registration form for each wine submitted (if different wines the form should be
2. An analysis conducted less than one year before submission.
3. Payment of registration.
4.4 labels for each wine presented.
5. History of the winery.
Before sending the samples
1. YOU MUST SEND THE INSCRIPTION FORMS, AND PROOF OF PAYMENT BY E-MAIL OR FAX.
2. YOU MUST PREPARE A PROFORMA INVOICE OF THE SAMPLES YOU WISH TO SEND, AT A
NOMINAL PRICE OF 1 USD PER BOTTLE.
3. LATER PLEASE CHECK WITH HAIM GAN, THE BEST WAY TO SEND YOUR SAMPLES.
The sender is responsible for all shipping costs, custom and delivery of samples to the deposit
of the competition. You must send the samples FREE DELIVERY HOUSE, DUTY PREPAID,
DOOR TO DOOR. Terravino has agreement with a customs broker to facilitate and economize
the process. For any doubts contact via e-mail or by phone and problems will be resolved.
Any doubt please refer to Haim Gan [email protected] or by telephone: +972 505591191
Copyright TERRAVINO©. All rights reserved.LRC